Monday, February 19, 2007

Kim and Ed were a true pleasure to work for and their wedding reception was really fun! They had it at St. Mary’s Cultural Center in Livonia this past Saturday. I was the scheduled DJ, and Platinum Mix also put together a slideshow for them which we showed on the video screen after dinner. Their slideshow turned out really nice (thanks to Kim and Ed - they chose great pictures!) and I ended up playing it in the background while they did their first dance and also during the father/daughter & mother/son dance. Receptions are always more fun when the bride and groom like to dance, and Kim was on the dance floor all night (yeah! Go Kim!). I was “warned” Ed wasn’t much of a dancer, but I did catch him out there quite a bit later in the night. The best part was I got to spin music videos all night. I wish I could play music videos at every wedding…I get so many compliments from guests, and even the other vendor’s working the parties (“Wow! We haven’t seen that before!”) Too bad the screen takes up so much room…hmmm….maybe I could switch to flat screen TV’s??? That could be wicked cool. How would I hang the TVs though? If anybody has any ideas about how I could hang a TV from trussing or something, email me at platinummix@yahoo.com. Pictures from Kim and Ed’s wedding can be found here.

Thanks to the photographer who taught me how to use my camera to take better pictures in the dark (duh! I felt so stupid!). I didn’t get her name but she did say she worked with Samantha Cover. And it was great to work with Kristyn from Castle Video. I’ve worked with Kristyn at a few Arabic weddings in the past, she’s so sweet and always does such a great job. Her wedding videos turn out beautiful and she’s affordably priced.


Big thanks to Bryan for all his help setting up Saturday. Bryan just moved back to Michigan from Boston and has some experience DJing in college and the Air Force. He seems like a really nice, hard working guy and I think he’s going to work out great as a Platinum Mix DJ (that is, assuming he can finish Platinum Mix Boot Camp…haha).

Last week, I dee-jayed a surprise 30th birthday party for Courtney. I love surprise parties, I get more into them then the people throwing them sometimes…its just such a challenge to get that TRUE surprise. People always seem to find out somehow that there’s a party going on for them. I consider it a success when the birthday girl is so surprised she cries. Courtney didn’t cry, but it was still a good time. They hired rapper Feloni to perform a few songs. That was really cool! I had a blast dropping some of that old school booty bass and hip hop. Courtney requested EAZY E….hell yeah, haven’t had a request for Eazy E in YEARS. LOL. Good times!

No comments: