Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Party Starters vs. Party Renegades

Got the best card in the mail today from a recent client. Thought it was brilliant, had to share:

Front:



Inside:



Thanks Andrea and Scott! You made my day happy today!

What a great wedding it was too. Unbelievably AMAZING crowd. I want to hire some of Andrea and Scott's guests to come to my other jobs with me. They can work at Platinum Mix as official Party Starters. At every party, there is at least 1 "party starter". This person (or group of people), dances to every song and drags other people out to dance with them. They get the party going without the DJ having to be an annoying cheeseball. I've made an entire career out of identifying the party starter in every family early on and then making them my best-est buddy for the night. This all happens on the down low of course so I can take complete credit for being an awesome DJ. I've been a DJ for going on 15 years, and I have NEVER seen a wedding crowd like Scott and Andrea had. These people were so awesome, that I don't even think party-starters is an appropriate term. These folks were more like "party renegades". Nobody really needed any encouragement or help, they rocked that dance floor individually all on their own. For example, there was the traditional bride and groom dance scheduled but these wedding guests didn't feel like waiting around for the bride and groom to stop chitty-chatting around the tables and such - they just hit the dance floor and started grooving to my background music. "Background music" technically means people don't usually dance to this stuff. Not so much the case here. Dance floor was completely packed. So much so that Andrea said to just skip her dance with Scott. An hour or so into it, photographer about to leave, and I thought that potentially, after the wedding is over, and Andrea gets her wedding photos, she *might* wish she had a nice picture of her and Scott dancing together. So I opted to go into control freak DJ mode for a minute and cleared the dance floor for Andrea and Scott (of course I checked with them first...haha). This wedding was also memorable for featuring a surprise appearance from the guy that sings the fight song at Detroit Lions games. The tasty food courtesy of the Rattlesnake Club was pretty impressive too. And as a nice bonus, Robert Bruce was the photographer. Its always so much fun to work with him. On a side note, I've noticed that every time I work with Robert Bruce, I have an awesome wedding. So either Robert is good luck OR couples that hire Robert are awesome. Hmmm.....maybe I'll camp outside Robert's Studio and sneak Platinum Mix flyers on the cars of all the couples that come to hire him. ;)

No comments: