Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Alright, I’ve got to stop being so stubborn and admit I can’t do everything myself anymore so if anyone knows anybody looking for a part-time job doing office type stuff Monday – Friday please have them call me at 248-349-8318 or email platinummix@yahoo.com. I’m looking for someone to help me do stuff like:

- Make CDs with music requests for upcoming events
- Scan pictures into the computer for photo montages
- Print off maps for all of our DJs weekend events
- Type up event itineraries for DJs
- Mailings
- Answer the phone
- Filing
- Plus other random office type work

Somebody available 10-20 hours a week with good computer skills (knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet and Photoshop), a fast typing speed and great customer service skills would be perfect. Flexible schedule available.


Here are a few pictures from Jen & Courtney’s wedding this past Saturday:




Jen is a brilliant graphic designer. She’s the one responsible for the Platinum Mix postcards (ya know, all that junk mail we send out to all you brides-to-be!), and she gets the credit for naming and creating logos for all of our options like Jam Cam, DeLight, Hot Shots, etc. As you can tell from the pictures above, she also did an amazing job designing her own wedding. Courtney and Jen had a huge tent put up with a dance floor, food from Genitti’s, even a margarita machine! I think what I will remember most is getting to play the Lords of Acid at a wedding reception….woo-hoo! Nice working with Lockwood Media (video guys) and Jacalyn Lee (photographer).

I was out in Dexter Friday night to DJ the wedding of Kathy and Bob. Bob gets major points for writing the most romantic, sincere vows I have ever heard. MPE Events did a a great job with the ceremony set-up and reception decorations. Bella Pictures did the photographs. Sunday, was my first time at the Serbian-American center for Natasa and Matthew’s wedding. They were into quite an eclectic mix of music, I played everything from Madonna “Hung up” to a few groups I’ve never heard of before like I Nine and this great song called “The Long Ride Home” by Patty Griffin.


NOTE TO PLATINUM MIX DJs: Okay, I see a few of you registered…that’s a great start…but you guys are supposed to post something occasionally! :)

No comments: