Monday, May 08, 2006

Kicking off the wedding season with......



John and Andrea
May 5th, 2006 @
Arnaldo’s in Riverview

Two summers ago (or was it three summers?), John deejayed with Platinum Mix. He often came along with me to weddings and always kept me cracking up laughing all night. Last year around this time, John announced his engagement to Andrea and asked me to DJ his wedding. Of course I was honored that he would want me to do it (he also has a couple family members and friends who DJ), but honestly, I was also a little nervous because out of all those weddings we worked together that went so great I wanted to give him something better. I wanted him to think “wow, of all those weddings Sara and I worked, MINE was the best!" So I spent all year thinking about what I could do different and came up with 1) bring the video screens out because John hasn’t seen it yet 2) bring along an interactive MC to get the party started and 3) since he wasn’t having a videographer, we hooked him up with our popular Jam Cam so he will have his wedding day forever on DVD video. Rob Reno was recruited to MC and integrate a few of his interactive routines during the reception, Andrew Miller was hired to film the ceremony and reception, and I set up all my latest and greatest DJ gear. We had my brand new LED lights out for the light show, subwoofers to crank out the bass and of course our 10 foot video screen. John was right about his family being partiers, after Rob coaxed them out of the bar room at Arnaldo’s with his party train, they spent the rest of the evening breakin’ it down on the dance floor. Great night!

Rob – Thank you sooooooooo much for coming out to MC John & Andrea’s wedding, the interactive stuff you did was perfect and you really helped to get everybody involved.


Jill and Craig
May 6th, 2006 @
St. John’s Conference Center in Plymouth

Jill and Craig were a true pleasure to work with. Planning from out-of-state must have been a challenge for them, but with the help of Jill’s mom who was appointed wedding planner, they pulled off a beautiful wedding brilliantly. Jill and Craig spent some time putting together a play list for the evening, and it worked out perfect. They chose some great tunes and the dance floor was packed all night! Very cute couple, it really seems like they are a perfect match for each other and their families were so much fun!

Awesome working with Wilson Sarkis. Wilson is very well-known as being an exceptional photographer. His work speaks for itself…check it out at: http://www.wilsonsarkisphotography.com/ Loved how he ran a little slideshow during dinner of a few of the wedding pictures he had taken just a few hours earlier. Also cool to finally get a chance to work with Mike Corcoran (video). I was impressed that he stayed around until the very last dance. Most videographers leave as soon as the bouquet and garter are finished. I hate that because all the really fun dancing usually happens later in the evening.

Kari – Thanks for coming to hang out with me! It’s remarkable how are work backgrounds are so similar. I think you will be an excellent addition to the Platinum Mix team!

More pictures from Andrea & John's wedding can be found here: Andrea & John
and pics from Jill & Craig can be found here: Jill & Craig

No comments: