Saturday, October 21, 2006

Amanda and David planned a very elegant wedding and reception at Weller’s in Saline. I liked how they did their first dance immediately after being introduced and also liked how they had their bridal party join in for the 2nd half of it. I had made a slideshow of some of their growing up pictures but instead of playing it once for all the guests to watch at a designated time, it just ran in the background during the cocktail hour and dinner. Every time I’ve done it this way, it seems to go over so much better with guests.

I really liked the photographer I worked with tonight, Marci Curtis. She was friendly, very easy-going and did an amazing job with the photographs. She even hooked her laptop up to my projector so she could run a slideshow of some of the photographs she had taken that day. The wedding pics played all during dancing and were a big hit with the guests. She’s got a great website. I especially like her wedding tips page located here: http://marcicurtis.com/tips.html. I totally agree with all of her “tips” with the exception of #11. Maybe she’ll change her mind about that after she gets a chance to work with me a little more often….lol :)

Really dug the wedding cake too. Wish I knew who made it so I could give credit because it tasted so damn good. It’s now 3:30 am and I’m not the least bit tired. I have to fall asleep so I can be rested for Sarah & Jeff’s wedding tomorrow. It’s going to be tough to get people dancing since I will be competing with the Tigers playing in the World Series. Jeff told me they are bringing in a TV so everyone can watch the game. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that people will dance during the commercial breaks.

More pics from Amanda and Dave's wedding

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi- Amanda here. Just had a minute to see the pics and read your blog. It's amazing how busy married life is!! Wanted to let you know the cake was by Gwen Briston in Saline. Her website is
"gwenscakedecorating.com" She was really great to work with- I had changed a couple things 3 times and she was so patient with me!! The end result was not only beautiful, but tasted awesome. P.S Sara, you did an awesome job, we had a ton of positive comments. All of my aunts and unlces (in there 40-70 range) haven't danced like that in years! It was so fun to see.....