Monday, October 30, 2006

How strange! In my last post about Amanda & David's wedding I wrote something about wishing I knew what company made the cake because it looked and tasted so awesome. This past Saturday at Adrienne and Will's wedding, I found out.....It was Gwen's Cakes! Gwen made Adrienne and Will's cake and also made Amanda & David's last week. Big shout-out to Gwen, her cakes are the BOMB. Each layer of Adrienne and Will's was a different flavor, and all 3 tasted awesome (yes, I confess to having a "sample" of each layer....but it was for the benefit of future brides and grooms planning their weddings and needing a baker recommendation...). This is going to sound mean but I hope she's not doing the cakes of any of the weddings I'm working for at least the next month because I am going to get so fat at this rate. lol. :)

I wonder if its hard to plan your own wedding if you're a wedding planner? Didn't seem too difficult for Adrienne, her wedding turned out beautiful and she didn't seem the least bit stressed at all. In fact, I would say Adrienne was one of the most easy to work with brides I have had all year. What a fun group too! They partied down so hard they broke the dance floor (seriously...a few pieces of wood fell out...hahaha!) . Congrats to Will and Adrienne!




Great to work with Marcus from Lifeshot Photography again too!

Gotta say that I was impressed with The Reserve this weekend. Dan worked Lauren & Benjamin's wedding there on Saturday and Carolyn called in the morning and left a message on my voice mail to check in and see what time he was going to be there. I was impressed that a) she knew Platinum Mix was scheduled to be there, even knew the specific DJ scheduled and b) took the time to actually "check-in" with us. That's very professional on their part. If I was getting married I would most def want to work with a venue that was so on top of their game.

No comments: